THE RIGHT DOMESTIC ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING PARTNER CAN STRENGTHEN YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN AND PARTS SOURCING TO STABILIZE PRODUCTION.
Supply chain disruptions have made it difficult for manufacturers to deliver on-spec parts on time and at a reasonable price. Many companies are hitting roadblocks that make bringing either electronic parts or products to market feel impossible. For many electronic product manufacturers, it may be time to get creative and reconsider their product or part designs and how they get manufactured.
ELECTRONIC MANUFACTURING SUPPLY CHAIN TRENDS
From the chip shortage to global trends, electronic manufacturing companies are facing a diverse range of challenges:
- Inflation is Causing Margins to Shrink
Inflation and rising material prices have driven up part costs that then must be passed along to customers.
- Barriers in Their Global Supply Chain
Material and parts that were previously readily accessible through the global supply chain have become harder and harder to come by.
- Material and Parts Shortages
From the infamous chip shortage and semiconductor manufacturing constraints to increasing difficulty getting commodities, manufacturers are facing ongoing hurdles gathering what they need to assemble devices.
- Workforce Constraints
Many manufacturers are continuing to struggle to keep a sufficiently staffed and skilled workforce, damaging their manufacturing capacity and lead times.
- Dynamic Consumer Demand
Consumers are changing their buying patterns – and faster than they used to. Competitive companies have to be agile and pivot quickly and proactively tackle dynamic forecasting. However, their electronic components cannot afford to drop in quality or timeliness.
BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS BY LEVERAGING A FULLY-INTEGRATED ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURER
Contract manufacturing is by far the most-used form of manufacturing utilized by companies across the globe in need of outsourced manufacturing services. Companies from Apple to Tesla use contract manufacturers to scale their production to levels that would be otherwise impossible in-house.
Contract manufacturers make it possible for companies and start-ups with limited resources to manufacture products. In addition to that, they provide specialized, technical manufacturing insight an in-house team cannot. Overall, contract manufacturers create more opportunities all-around for emerging technologies.
WITH AN AGILE ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING PARTNER, COMPANIES CAN:
- Scale-up part production with fewer long-term costs
Outsourcing the production of electronic parts as demand ebbs and flows decreases the risk and helps manufacturers avoid unnecessary capital expenditures.
- Maximize part profitability through cost savings
A strategic electronics manufacturing partner can evaluate your part design and processes to discover hidden cost savings.
- Improve agility of production scalability and pivots
The right agile manufacturing partner shortens a company’s time from insight to changes in production and delivery to customers.
- Tighten technical oversight for improved accuracy and quality
Electronic contract manufacturers with expertise in key areas such as PCB assembly and semiconductor supply chain stability often have internal testing procedures in place to minimize errors and improve efficiency.
- Optimize parts to minimize reliance on constrained resources
As material and part availability dynamically change, a specialized electronic manufacturer can re-evaluate part designs and re-design manufacturing processes quickly.
- Identify and attack inefficiencies and part improvements
With the right instrumentation and expertise, an electronics manufacturing partner identifies the root cause of inefficiencies and quality issues before they impact large-scale production. However, not all contract manufacturers are the same.
CLOSING GAPS IN YOUR ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING PROCESS AND SUPPLY CHAIN WITH A DOMESTIC ELECTRONICS CONTRACT MANUFACTURER
Why work with a domestic Contract Manufacturer?
The pandemic brought a resurgence in the re-shoring of American manufacturers’ supply chains. And, with good reason. Domestic supply chains offer improved part and Material Sourcing that allows manufacturers to tap into an extended supply chain beyond their immediate network. By working with a domestic electronics Contract Manufacturer like Amtech, companies can:
- Stabilize their supply chain and material sourcing ecosystem.
- Leverage expertise in key areas such as PCB assembly, semiconductor supply chain stability, and consumer electronic parts and components.
- Achieve real-time integration with vendors to provide quick and accurate quotes.
- Develop new applications on-demand to launch new products and scale quickly.
- Improve production stability when the CM owns its own equipment and has control over spare parts.
- Leverage the latest technologies such as robotics and automation with agility.
- Improve Just In Time Supply Chain Management.
- Reduce raw material inventory.
- Dynamically allocate resources as initiatives and manufacturing capacity requirements change over time.
Amtech is an electronics manufacturing company that leverages unique agile processes to give its customers a competitive advantage. Amtech offers unique solutions for unique requirements, including stabilization of electronic part supply chains, part re-engineering based on available parts, and lean manufacturing practices.
Amtech houses a fully integrated solution that encompasses design, engineering, AND manufacturing expertise). This permits manufacturers to speed up their time from dilemma to problem solved.